Winter Park, FL 32792
The Pre-Professional Program at The Center for Contemporary Dance prepares dedicated and passionate dancers ages 9-17 and 18-25 (Adult Track) for a career in the Dance Arts. Pre-professionals participate in a rigorous training program and performance Company while learning necessary skills that prepare them for entry into a university dance program and/or professional dance company, including those operating out of The Center for Contemporary Dance.
All classes are conducted in accordance with the National Standards for Dance Education, providing the student with a comprehensive education in the dance arts. Graduates of the program have entered the most prestigious dance programs across the nation, including those at the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, the Juilliard School, Point Park University, New York University and many more.
Auditions for Modern and Intermediate/Advanced Ballet are onging. Please contact us to schedule your audition.
- Students of all levels are encouraged to audition.
- Candidates, including minors, must exhibit the ability to clearly articulate their goals and
reasons for applying to the Program.
- Dancers should wear form-fitting, black dance attire and come prepared to learn a short
piece of choreography (modern or ballet); students need not prepare anything in advance.
- Students are accepted into the Program based on a demonstration of passion, confidence and potential for technical/artistic development
- Students are placed into the Program according to skill level; advanced students attend higher-level classes, while beginners attend classes that develop fundamental skill sets.